About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

May 24, 2008

14 Months

Nathan's 14th month of life has been a great one. He is so fun now. He is officially a little boy, the only thing baby about him is he still drinks a bottle of milk 4 times a day. But he loves to try and do everything he sees Curtis or I doing and he learns quickly.

Helping Mom with dishes. Nathan loves bubbles!
One afternoon I was folding some laundry on the couch and he grabbed a shirt and started shaking it. At first I thought that was a little strange but just then I grabbed another item to start folding and before I folded it I shook it to get the wrinkles out and at that moment I knew why Nathan was shaking the clothes he picked up.

When I am watching TV online, Nathan loves to get up on the desk and explore all the gadgets.
He has really started using recognizable words more too. He is officially saying Mommy, Daddy, wow, this, that, yes and no. When we ask him "What do doggies say?", he goes "woof, woof". When I sing Old McDonald he says E-I-E-I-O! Sometimes he says Nay Nay and we think he is refering to himself.

Yummy bagel!
He has a few tricks up his sleeve now too. He does Ring Around the Rosie, makes fishy faces, and dances. He loves to be outside. Once the weather started to warm up I took him to the park and he loved watching all the people and kids playing. He really likes slides and swings but he is even happy to throw a ball and then run after it, it is so cute when he tries to run. A few other little things he does are he runs away with his hands in the air when I turn on the vacume. He is not afraid of it once it has been on for a while. He loves to spend time flipping the light switches up and down. He loves to dip foods. He'll dip his eggs, meat balls, french fries in ketchup and he'll dip fruit, cereal, toast and pretty much anything in yogurt. He LOVES yogurt.

Listening to Dad's mp3 player.
One afternoon he was totally enthralled with sitting on the kitchen floor in front of our appliance cubbard and pushing all the buttons on our blender. He loves little buttons and holes and he always likes playing with the blender. The funny part is when he opens the cubbard to start playing with the blender he always hands me the pitcher first. When he first started playing with the blender I would always reach down and grab the pitcher away (because of the dangerous blade within) and he noticed that and from then on he would happily hand it to me before he settled down on the floor for some button pushing.

What a mess, but he sure had fun eating the Kix!

0 comments: