About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

April 30, 2009

Home Improvements

Lately I have been getting really anxious about all the things I want to get done to our house before the baby comes. Since the weather is finally staying warm now, it is time to focus on not just the inside of the house but the outside also. This coming Saturday we plan on getting the garden ready for planting, the actual planting might have to wait till Monday, for FHE but it will get done soon. This past weekend we did a lot of work getting rid of the things in our yard we do not want. Here is what we have been up to this week.

Here are my pots I planted.
They were in the last of our boxes, so we are officially unpacked.
Now my front porch is a bit more inviting.
I did get one of our 2 window boxes planted as well, and here you can see our newly trimmed hedges. They were mostly yellow and now they are mostly green.
We hope that with regular watering they can once again be green all the time.
Becasue a yellow house does not need yellow bushes.
Now when I look out my living room window I can actually see our driveway and front walk.
We cut down 4 massive evergreen bushes that were crowding both sides of our driveway.
People driving or walking by can actually see our house now.

All of our hard work and effort will be complete when we haul away all the garbage to the dump.
(Notice the 2 huge piles in front by the road.)
Which will be taking place this Friday, thanks to the city free dump day.




0 comments: