About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

January 21, 2010

4 Months Old

Bracken has grown up a lot over the last 2 months. He has grown out of another size of clothes and he is now in 9 months mostly but some 12 months clothes. He is a sturdy little boy. He is a few ounces shy of 18 lb, weighing in at 17 lb.14 oz and he is 26 1/4" long. The little dude can grow! He loves to be in on the action and since he is a hefty bundle to lug around we have found ways to keep in happy, occupied and close ast hand. If I am doing laundry or preparing food he sits in his Bumbo or bouncy chair. He loves testing his legs out in the Johnny Jump-Up and he has even sat in the high chair a couple of times. Variety is key in this baby's world. Last night we were hanging out in the living room with Nathan and my arms were getting tired of supporting Brack so I propped him up against the couch and he balanced and stood at the couch for almost 10 minutes. He thought he was pretty cool stuff.


Bracken is very interested in what we are doing when we eat meals. He gets really excited, kicks his legs, waves his arms, grunts and desperately tries to grab something. One day at lunch he succeeded in spilling my bowl of soup all over my lap. So I thought it time to break out the sippy cup. I filled a little cup with some cool water and he was in heaven. Now Nathan thinks it is fun to share his sippy cup with Brack from time to time. Next time I go to the store I am going to pick up some rice cereal and I think Bracken is going to love eating solids.




All in all Bracken is still a great baby. He eat sgreat, sleeps great and is content and happy. He smiles a lot but it takes a bit to get him giggling but when he does laugh it is the best sound in the world. Curtis teases that he must be a little bit serious like his mother.

1 comments:

The Schultz Family said...

What a little stud standing so big!! I can't believe 18 pounds. Both he and Logan are the same length but 4 pounds difference...my goodness you make 'em big.