About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

September 7, 2010

Summer Time Adventures #2

July

Our Fourth of July Celebrations were sweet and simple. We enjoyed a picnic at the Church Saturday evening (I just LOVE this picture of Nathan eating the watermelon, it captures all that is summer) and watched the fireworks Sunday evening also from the grass at the Church.


We lounged on a quilt and ate "fireworks cookies" (Oreos) a fun tradition we have started for the Fourth of July courtesy of Nathan. We had Oreos once while we watched the fireworks and now he has to have them every time. A funny side note-when Nathan sees other things that have Oreos in them like ice cream he says "Look Mom! They have Fireworks Cookies in there!!" It will be a sad day when he starts calling them Oreos. Once it got dark I pulled out a package of glow sticks, knowing they would really make Nathan's day and before I knew it all the kids around came tracking me down asking if they too could have a glow stick. I think I am officially the Glow Stick Lady. Next year I'll be sure to grab several extra packs of glow sticks.

0 comments: