Today was one of those days where I felt like MONSTER MOM, a lot. Both Nathan and Bracken had several trying moments today and I probably didn't handle them as well as I should have. The morning was rough, Nathan had already had 2 tantrums and it wasn't even 10am (that's when I usually let him watch a show) and Bracken was extra clingy and needy. The poor little guy must be having some MAJOR teething issues right now because he has a runny nose, over active drool gland, loose diapers, picky appetite, and over all moody disposition. Then to top it off Bracken's morning nap was cut short by some inconsiderate sales person who called my cell phone, which I could not find so it rang a ton and woke Bracken up. Needless to say by lunch time I was not a happy camper myself.
I knew something had to give or things were going to get ugly and fast. It didn't look like Nathan or Bracken were going to suddenly become angel children so that meant I needed the attitude adjustment. Since I had been trying to finish up the Chrismas decorations for that last 2 days I decided that some jolly Christmas tunes were the thing I needed. A little pandora Christmas station, and all of a sudden I was nice Mommy again.
December 4, 2010
Tables, Curtains and Balls
Here we are decking our halls.
Now wonder it has taken me 2 days to get the decorations up, these guys are just so much help.
By evening our day had completely turned around. After dinner and baths, the boys started doing laps around our table. Bracken did about 30; he was like the energizer bunny he just kept going and going.
Eventually our jumbo balls made their way out and lots of bouncing, rolling and catching added to the fun. Here Bracken is trying to herd both balls with is 2 little arms. It was very entertaining.
And this is what Nathan gave me when I asked him to look at the camera.
And to round off our night of fun some curtain hidin' n' runnin'
Natey and Bracky went behind the curtain, then ran out from under the curtain and landed on our couch. They were giggling up a storm for 20 minutes. But the fun came to an end when Bracken forgot to stop running on his way back to the curtain. Let's just say Bracken 0, Wall 1.
He was fine, he just needed some lovin' from Mom with his special blankey.
By the time I snuggled them into their beds my children loved me again and they had completely forgotten about the visit from Monster Mom earlier this morning.
That's one of the beauties of children, they easily forgive and forget.
Goodnight my loves!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey Court,
It's nice to know I am not the only one who feels like Monster Mom sometimes. Great way to handle it!
-Hollie
Post a Comment