About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

February 15, 2011

Love Filled Day

Valentines Day is such a fun holiday.
It's all about being loved and sharing love.
Wonderful!

  
 
 Growing up, my mother always did fun little things to make holidays special. 
For Valentines she put a little gift on our plate and she always fixed an extra special breakfast.  Now that I am a mother I am continuing the tradition. 
 I finished the boy's mail pouches this year.  They were a project I started last year but never completed.
Nathan LOVES his pouch! I put some treats, valentine cards and a little gift in the pouches for each boy.  Nathan was super excited to see what surprise was waiting for him in his pouch.  During the day he would stop playing and take out all his valentines and "read" them. 
(Nathan and Bracken are both sausage monsters!)
 Mondays Curtis leaves for work before the kids wake up, so we switched around things a bit and decided to combine our valentine themed breakfast with our valentine dinner, having breakfast for dinner.  I had wanted to use my candle sticks for dinner, but when I pulled them I out I realized I was candle-less.  A few months back Bracken found them and snapped them in two.  Luckily we have a dimmer in our dining room so we were still able to add some mood lighting.
The strawberry pancakes were YUMMY!
Curtis had thirds. 
They are going on the permanent Valentine traditions list.  

0 comments: