About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

June 13, 2011

Bye Bye Crib

Last week I decided it was time for Bracken to move out of the crib.  He is getting so BIG; plus the way he jumps around in it, shakes and rattles the poor thing so much I was afraid it might not last for our future babies.  We spent the morning, taking the crib down and rearranging their room.  By naptime things were all ready for Bracken to sleep in his big boy bed.  For several months now, he has napped off and on on the bottom bunk when Nathan decides to nap on the top bunk and he has done really well. Luckily it has been an easy transition, but there has been a few funny moments worth remembering.

For his first official naptime on the day we took the crib down, I tucked him into his bed, gave him a kiss and closed the door.  A few minutes later I heard him making some noises and talking a little bit but it only lasted 5 minutes.  When I figured he had been asleep for a while I went in to check on him and found him asleep on the top bunk.      


A few days later I went into the boys room to put some laundry away and found Bracken asleep on the floor.  He didn't get out of bed to get some toys because they were all still put away.  It looks so deliberate, I guess he wanted to lay right here.


Night time has been less eventful, but we have had a few instances where he wakes up and can't find his blanket or chupi due to the bigger bed and increased amount of blankets.  So he cries and I wake up to see what is the matter, find the necessary goody and put him back to bed.  And then there are the nights when he thinks he isn't tired and we have to put him back to bed 2 or 3 times before it takes. 

They best part is seeing his happy little face when he wakes up in the morning and gets out of bed all by himself.  One morning I was styling my hair (it's always a good day when I am up and at'em before the boys wake up) and in he strolls freshly waken with a giant smile on his face.  A few mornings he has even started playing with his toys first before coming to find me, AMAZING! 

Taking the crib down was a good move!


1 comments:

Collier Family said...

what fun for the brothers! It's bitter sweet to know your baby's big enough to sleep in a big bed, but to big for the crib!