About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

July 1, 2012

Sometimes running out of diapers is a good thing...

...because if forces to you take a leap of faith and potty train!

I knew Bracken was really close to being ready for potty training and I was so over changing his diapers.  Compared to Marco his little buttox was not very cute anymore.  Several times a week I would ask him if he wanted to learn how to use the toilet like Natey & Papi.  He wouldn't skip a beat before answering "No, I like diapers!"  So I didn't push the matter until one weekend when we were dangerously low on diapers.  I knew I needed to make a diaper run but Friday passed me by and before I knew it Saturday was almost done and gone and I had no energy left for a shopping trip.  I knew I could raid our 72 hour kits if I got desperate so I opted to wait it out and see how the chips fell.  Sunday morning came and we had 3 size 6 diapers to our name. Amazingly enough we only used 2 diapers that day leaving us one remainging diaper for Monday morning.  When I was getting Bracken dressed for the day I decided to take the plunge because I still didn't feel like hauling my posse to the store.  I looked him in the eye and said "Bracken, guess what?  We don't have any more diapers, they are all gone!  You have to wear underwear now."  I braced myself for a tantrum of some sort, but he smiled and said "Okay mommy!"  And he has been wearing undies ever since!!!


That first week went really smoothly with only a few minor accidents of both varieties. By week 2 he pretty much had the drill down and he was even waking up dry 90% of the time.  I was one happy Momma!  It has been a month and a half and he is still going strong.


There isn't much that beats a chubby toddler toosh in little undies, especially when they have Cars characters on them.  And in my eyes, Bracky's toosh is cute once again!

0 comments: