About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

October 18, 2012

Bracky turns 3!

September 10th

Our little Brack Brack is 3 years old!

His birthday fell on a Monday which is one of the evenings that Curtis works.  I like to celebrate birthdays on their actual day as much as possible so we hoped to celebrate during Curtis's office hours and have a birthday lunch celebration at Texas Road House (Cowboy restaurant to Bracken) but we had to skip to plan B because Curtis needed to the time to finish up a big project. Sooo....


Marco and I busted out balloons galore to make the house more festive and...


I let Bracken open one present so he wouldn't have to wait another whole day for his birthday family dinner which we decided to postpone till Tuesday evening.  I wanted to make his birthday feel special even if the celebration had to wait another day.  Bracken loved his birthday decorations and played with the balloons all day long.  And every time someone wished him happy birthday he would wish them a happy birthday too!  


We decided to enjoy a trip to our local zoo.  Bracken loves animals and he soaked in every moment of our stroll around the zoo.  





At the last moment I decided to go ahead with our plan A and take the boys to the Cowboy Restaurant all by myself! I may have been crazy but it actually turned out OK.  Towards the end Marco was starting to get a little tired and when he's tired he shrieks, loudly.  The booth behind us had 2 mature couples enjoying dinner, and after several high pitched squeals one of the gentlemen mumbled "Get that kid a cracker!"  I was embarrassed but his sweet wife pointed out to him that I was by myself with 3 little boys and he needed to give me a break! 


When I tucked Bracken into bed later that night I asked him if it was a good birthday and he said "YES!"
Mission accomplished!

0 comments: