About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

February 8, 2013

Halloween Festivities

October 2012


We had a whole week of Halloween  celebrations.  First (Friday Oct. 26), we went to our ward Halloween Carnival hosted by our wonderful Primary Presidency.  There was good food and lots of carnival games for the kids to play and win little prizes.  This year our family had a theme for our costumes.  The boys were football players and they picked out BYU jerseys & helmets, Marco was the football, Curtis the coach complete with aviator glasses and headset, and I was a cheerleader.  With all the chaos of the evening I never had a chance to get a picture of us all together, but we looked GOOD!  So good in fact that we won the best family category of the costume contest!


Saturday Oct. 27th
Our next Halloween fun took place in Bagdad , Arizona.  We were there with all the Kleinman's for a birthday celebration and then we hit up the community Halloween carnival before heading home.  There were tons of booths with games and activities.  Nathan dove right in and had a blast.  Bracken was overwhelmed at first and stayed right next to me, but once he realized he could win candy and trinkets from playing the games he decided it would be worth his effort to give a few games a try.  Every 15 minutes they announced costume winners and the winners had their pick of prizes from a giant pile of goods.  I hadn't dressed the kids in their full football gear for this evening, we simply put their jerseys over their play clothes and plopped the helmets on their heads so I was shocked when Nathan's number was called!  I escorted him up to the prize table and discovered that the local LDS missionaries were the costume judges and they loved our little BYU football player!  Nathan picked out a baseball bat that was just his size.


The official Halloween day was a bit stressful for me.  Being on a Wednesday made it hectic.  I have 6 piano lessons on Wednesdays and Curtis doesn't get home till after 8pm, but he planned on cutting class short and coming home early by 7:30 due to the holiday.  I was on my own to prep and navigate trunk-or-treat.  Luckily Andy , Bekah and their kids joined us for Halloween or else I wouldn't have survived.  Our B-Ball trunk was a big hit again and between us 3 adults we had enough man power to work our trunk and take our kids around for their own fun.  When trunk-or-treat had wrapped up Curtis came home and help get us packed up and home, before heading over to a local neighborhood for good old fashioned trick-or-treating.  By the time we got home for the night our kids were wiped out!  And so was I!

0 comments: