Bracken is so excited to finally be on a team of some sort. He has waited through 2 years of Nathan doing baseball and basketball longing for his turn to have a coach, teammates and most of all the beloved snacks/treats given to each team member at the end of the games.
During his first practice he was a little bit shy and confused. He kept coming up to me and asking "Mom, what am I supposed to be doing?" He wasn't really sure which man on the field was his coach and all the commotion from the other energetic 4 year old kids was distracting him. But now we are 2 weeks in to practices and our little Brack Attack is getting the hang of things.
He knows almost all of his teammates names and has the bases and positions mostly figured out. There are a few girls on his team and he prefers not to practice catching with them, why I'm not sure. At his last practice he pouted a little bit and refused to through the ball to the cute little girl partnered up with him. I gave him a talking to and he grudgingly gave in. After a few tosses back and forth he warmed up to her so we hope he doesn't pull that stunt again.
Nathan is adjusting to being on the sidelines this time around. He wasn't pumped about baseball this year so we talked him into sitting this one out. Basketball is becoming his first love so we will continue to nurture his exposure to that sport. Besides, I was happy to avoid the hustle and bustle of having 2 boys in 2 different leagues, practicing and playing games at the same time.
So while our little Bracky is practicing away, Nathan, Marco and I enjoy a little leisure time muncing on snacks and hanging out in our lovely Arizona spring weather.

0 comments:
Post a Comment