First off I have not had the baby yet, today is my due date and I'm still feeling great. If nothing should happen over the next few days I will be induced Monday September 14th. Hopefully I won't make it that far. Everything is super ready. All my projects are done, the house is clean and ready for all things baby. Nathan is even potty trained, a last minute surprise to Curtis and I since we were not really focusing on that yet. One day I bought some training pants at the store just to have on hand for when I started seriously potty training him. He had showed some interest off and on but mostly off for the last several months. That very day he wanted to try wearing a pair and ever since he has been using the toilet. He even trained up at night super easy, he did not like wetting the bed.
Other than that, Curtis is back to teaching. Yavapai College is in it's second week of school so our summer is officially over. I have 11 piano students and I really enjoy teaching. We are staying busy with in our ward, Curtis is the Elders Quorum President and at the moment he is frantically trying to plan the ward camp out. I am the organist and I teach a sunday school class for the 12-13 year olds. I have also become the unofficial ward food storage lady. No one was doing anything about food storage and I kept asking people why not, so now I take care of it. But so far everyone is really grateful for the information and products that I bring to their attention.
Here are a few highlights from the last bit of our summer.

At the end of July we spent 3 days in Albuquerque, NM for Curtis to attend a Spanish Teachers Conference. We went to an aquarium, and botanical gardens which were gorgeous, walked around down town and enjoyed some gelato, ate pizza in the Old Town Plaza, and while Curtis spent the day in classes Nate and I were able to enjoy the sunshine out by the pool. Nathan loved swimming.



In August we headed to Utah for 2 family reunions that both took place on Pioneer Day weekend. First, was the Haymore Reunion that took place up in Provo Canyon at the BYU Timpanogos Lodge. It was gorgeous up there. They had a ton of activities for the kids and as you can see Nathan and Curtis really enjoyed the go cart races. We were also able to spend some time with Andy and Bekah and Nate had his first slip'n'slide experience with Ava and thought is was great. Then we headed to Salt Lake for a King reunion were we did some hilarious skits and also spent a lot of time swimming in my Grandmother's community pool. The King reunion ended with a tour of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House which was amazing. Nathan did really well walking reverently through the temple.
1 comments:
I am so happy for you! There really isn't anything better than feeling prepared :) Now that you are all ready for baby... I hope he decides to come this week!! :)
Post a Comment