About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

May 2, 2012

One Month Old


Baby Marquito is 1 month old!
It is amazing to think he has been mine for a little more than 4 weeks.  The time has passed more quickly than I would have liked but at the same time I feel as though he has always been a part of our family.


Marco lately:
Marco is a calm and content baby.  He rarely has fussy moments and the few he has are usually related to gas bubbles rumbling around in his tummy. So far Marco can rip man sized toots that rival his father's. 

Since a few hours after his birth, Marco has suffered from watery, goopy eyes due to clogged tear ducts.  I massage below his eyes in hopes that it will clear up sooner rather than later.  Apparently it is very common and usually clears up on its own within the first year. 

Marco may turn out to be my sensitive skin baby.  Right around his second week of life he broke out in the worse case of baby acne I have ever seen.  It covered his entire scalp under his fine hair as well as his face.  I eventually purchased Aveeno Baby Eczema cream and that helped it clear up.  Now his skin is baby soft like it should be.

Marco outgrew newborn clothes and diapers before he was 3 weeks old. 



Marco is a grunter.  He has his happy grunts, hungry grunts, gassy grunts and filling his pants grunts. 

He is still eating and sleeping really well.  I am keeping to the baby routine that I used with Nate and Brack, Eat-Play-Sleep.  Marco eats every 3 hours, his awake time lasts anywhere from 30-60 minutes, and then he drifts off to a pleasant slumber.

For bedtime he usually goes down between 10pm or 11pm, and sleeps for 4-5 hours before needing to eat again.  Thankfully he goes right back to sleep after he eats, and lasts for another 3 hours.

So far Marco doesn't care much for his chupi but I make him practice sucking it a little everyday in hopes that he will get hooked.  Nathan and Bracken had mastered the chupi by one month, but Marco is resisting it still. He is such a calm baby that he doesn't need the chupi to help him relax, but I know it will eventually come in handy if only to help keep him quiet during chruch when he gets older.


Several times a day I take the time to soak him in.  His smell, his profile, his tiny hands and feet.  Curtis asks me "Is he your favorite?"  I reply "All my babies are my favorite, when they are babies."  How can you not totally adore something so small and precious!



0 comments: