This year the boys decided to channel their new found love for Star Wars into their costume choices. Nathan made a very convincing Obe Wan Kenobi and Bracken was a killer Darth Vader. Thank you Herrera's for letting us borrow your awesome costume, it rocked Bracken's world! Nathan really wanted to be a Jedi but I didn't want to spend money on a cheap costume so I promised him I would try my hardest to make him a Jedi costume, but if I didn't manage it he promised to be happy with a ninja costume in our dress-up box. Nathan was being so patient and understanding I decided I had to make time for his costume so I staid up till the wee hours of the morning getting it done the day before Halloween. He was thrilled with the costume which made my sacrifice of precious sleep totally worth it.
The dynamic duo with some nice action poses.
Marco modeled one of my all time favorite costumes, the puffy robot! His big brothers honored him with the title of R2D2, even though he looks nothing like the robotic side kick from Star Wars.
We decided to ditch trunk-or-treat this year because plain and simple it's just kind of lame. We spent our evening the old fashioned way going door to door with our good friends the McCormicks and we had a blast. The boys ran free from house to house filling their treat bags till they were overflowing. At one point Nathan even begged me to carry his bag because it was too heavy.
We came away with great memories and an incredible candy haul that satiated our sweet cravings for weeks.

0 comments:
Post a Comment