About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

December 21, 2011

Diagnosis

Well, it looks like surgery for me. 
Yuck!
This will be my very first surgery, but luckily it is an out patient procedure so I'll only be at the hospital a few hours.

The orthopedic specialist was hoping that surgery could be avoided due to my exsisting condition, being pregnant and all.  If I had only fractured one side of my ankle and not both, a walking boot would have done the trick.  But since I did such a thorough job falling on myself, my ankle is not stable enough to heal perfectly alligned on it's own.  I require a metal plate on the outside of my ankle and a few skrews on the inside of my ankle.  Merry Christmas to me!

The surgery is scheduled for Tuesday morning at 7:30 am.  I will need to stay off of my left foot for 3 weeks, then have physical therapy to help it continue healing properly.  The upside to having the surgery over a walking boot, is my ankle will actually heal quicker than if we waited for it to heal on it's own.  But to me it still sounds like I'm in it for the long haul.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Derick tried calling Curtis earlier but couldn't get through. Please let us know if we can help out!

Julie said...

That really stinks Courtney! Especially being pregnant! I hope everything goes well and you heal up quickly! March is coming so soon :)