About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

August 3, 2015

First Day of School 2015

Back to School!

Our summer flew by crazy fast and now we are beginning a new school year. Nathan is in 3rd grade and Bracken is in Kindergarten.  Marco wishes he was old enough to tag along, but has declared himself in "Mommy school".



The boys woke up extra early and started getting ready without being reminded multiple times, hopefully this behavior lasts a while!  Nathan knew that Bracken was worried about going to school so all morning long he walked Bracken through all the steps of getting ready.  "It's time to make our beds, then we'll get dressed." "At our school we have to tuck in our shirts." Nathan even combed Bracken's hair.  It was super sweet and it helped put Bracken's nerves at ease.


Nathan was eager to get back to school.  School means friends! He has a good group of boys that he plays with and he has missed them all summer long.  So far Nathan loves his teacher, Mrs. Beilfuss.  When he got off the bus this afternoon he declared her super nice, and a lover of reading books.  She owns the complete set of many book series that Nathan also loves and her husband coaches basketball for a local university.  I think they will get along smashingly.


Bracken was shy and reserved as we settled him into his classroom and desk.  He held my hand very tightly and kept confirming that I would stay as long as possible, which I did.  One of his preschool buddies is also in the same class, and once Bracken spotted him I noticed his anxiety ease up considerably.  His teacher, Mrs. Stolz, had each desk prepared with a coloring page to keep the kids entertained while she managed the flow of students and parents.  Bracken and I started coloring his picture and then we noticed a little girl nearby start to cry and call for her parents.  Seeing her meltdown made Bracken resolve to be brave.  He gave me a kiss, said goodbye and I walked out leaving a piece of my heart behind.  He didn't shed a tear but I almost did. Luckily I pulled it together just in the nick of time.

Funny note: Bracken has a different teacher than Nathan did in kindergarten, but he is in the same classroom and his first desk assignment for the year is the last desk on the far left side, just like Nathan.

Bracken did not ride the bus home, because apparently we neglected to fill out a specific, very necessary document.  I was out doing yard work waiting for the half day kindergarten bus.  When I went in the house to check the time, I noticed a message on our machine. It was the school informing me that Bracken was waiting for me at the front desk.  I called them back immediately but they had left the message 20 minutes earlier and had already contacted our back up emergency contact, Grandma Kleinman who had called Curtis, who was luckily on his way home already.  The office informed me that Curtis was on his way to pick up Bracken which he did.  And while he was in the office Curtis filled out that silly document, so hopefully Bracken can ride the bus home tomorrow.  Thank our lucky stars that Bracken was not scarred for life from this little oversight.  Curtis said he found him happy as could be, waiting patiently in the office and after giving Curtis a hug Bracken said "Papi, I'm hungry."



0 comments: