At the end of September the boys and I flew out of Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport to Idaho Falls, ID. Nathan and Bracken were SUPER excited to fly. This was Bracken's first flight, and Nathan's second flight experience. During the days leading up to our flight Bracken would randomly yell with his arms straight up in the air "I goin' on airpane!"
I promised Nathan he could play angry birds while we waited in the terminal before boarding. He would rather I leave him alone, instead of bother him to look at the camera.
Flying in and out of small airports is awesome. No hustle, bustle or confusion. I was able to manoeuvre with both boys and our three carry on bags just fine. Nathan was a trooper and pulled one suitcase all by himself!
They could hardly wait to board. They could see our plane just outside the window and it was calling their names.
They thought it was totally awesome to board the plane outside. I thought it was too, because you really felt like you were getting in a plane instead of just transporting yourself from one sitting area, down a tunnel to another sitting area.
Getting closer!
My little kidlets could have stared at this plane all day. To be up close and personal with a plane this large was pretty much a dream come true.
Nathan called dibs on the window seat, which worked out really well the majority of the flight. Bracken only trespassed into Nathan's space a few times to get some better views.
Bracken was fascinated with his seat belt. For the full 20 minutes before we took off he simply latched and unlatched his belt.
The flight lasted a total of 90 minutes. It was a breeze. The boys ate their lunch that I packed, doodled in their notebooks (scribbled on the wall too, but luckily the washable marker came right off with a wet wipe), and played with the handful of toys we packed in their backpacks. Nathan gave me a play by play commentary about everything he saw out his window. At one point he exclaimed "Mom! We are flying in a cloud!" And sure enough we were! He also asked what every stripe, dot, button, light, flap, crack, whoosh and ding was for. Eventually I ran out of ideas and confessed that Mommy didn't really know that much about airplanes and he would have to ask an airplane professional some day. We landed in Idaho Falls 20 minutes ahead of schedule, again another perk of small airports and airlines. Grandma King and Tio Kendal were there to pick us up, and after one more "I go on airpane!" from Bracken we loaded into their suburban and headed down the road to Malad.

0 comments:
Post a Comment