About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

October 1, 2011

Mmmm Mmmm Good!

Every year around this time I hit up Wally World for my year supply of roasted green chile.  There is nothing quite like fresh roasted chile, the canned stuff is handy in a pinch but it's not the same.  As I was waiting to check out with my 25 lb box that was fresh out of the roaster, everyone around me was trying to figure out where the delicious smell was coming from!

I grew up around chile.  I didn't always like it, but as I matured so did my taste buds and by the time I was 10 I was hooked.  My family spent several weeks every summer at my Grandparent's house in Mexico and I grew up eating apples and peaches fresh from one Uncle's orchards, and sweet corn and chile from another Uncle's farm.  It was the life!

So I love spending my time elbow deep in chile juice, cleaning the skin and seeds from the hearty green meat, and packing them neatly in small freezer bags to stash away and enjoy all year long.  Just writing this post is making my mouth water for a green chile and cheese quesadilla. Here's to keeping up a delicious family tradition!

0 comments: