Marco is obsessed with toothbrushes. For a while I haven't had to worry about the bathroom doors being closed because Marco wasn't attacking the toilet paper or toilet anymore. But then our toothbrushes started to go missing and Marco was the culprit. I have found toothbrushes all over the house. In the laundry hamper, garbage cans, toy bins, under beds, behind couch pillows, outside and in kitchen cupboards.
A few weeks ago during our Saturday house cleaning, the vacuum turned off all on its own. Nathan was very worried that he was going to be in trouble and he kept assuring me that he didn't do anything bad while he was vacuuming the sun room. I put his little mind to rest that I wasn't upset at him, I was just frustrated that the vacuum was not functioning and I didn't know why. It's only 3 years old and I have taken really good care of it. I started to take the vacuum apart. And what did I find? Two brushes jammed in the curved crook off the hose that empties into the canister. Marco was the culprit. Those tooth brushes had been missing for at least 2 months and all the while we were using our vacuum never knowing that it was a ticking time bomb ready to blow the motor at any moment. After some research I learned that the vacuum we have shuts off automatically like it did for Nathan, to prevent motor damage when it starts to over heat. I started to feel that maybe there was a glimmer of hope and my vacuum was not all the way dead just resting. I cleaned it out really good and let it sit for 2 hours per the manufacturers instructions and said a little prayer. Boy were we glad when the vacuum roared back to life after cooling off and it was just as good as new.
Needless to say, we try to keep the bathroom doors closed and our toothbrushes safe and sound.

0 comments:
Post a Comment