About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

November 22, 2013

General Conference Weekend

October 2013

General Conference weekend is by far one of my most favorite times of the year.  It's relaxing, we're all together and you can't beat 2 days of uplifting and encouraging messages from our wonderful church leaders.  It's a warm fuzzy high.

As usual we pulled out the 72 hour kits, the kids played with their emergency toys, we ate a few old snacks and took inventory of what needed to be replaced.  Nathan and Bracken love their emergency kits.  The whole week leading up to General Conference they beg me to get them down.  Even Marco had fun dragging his gigantic backpack around the house.  



Between Sunday sessions Curtis documented my flower pot success story for our future generations.  I LOVE my daisies.  I have been waiting 5 months for these little beauties to bloom.  The plant was actually one I bought and planted last autumn.  I cut it back, it weathered the winter, and in the spring it began to grow.  The plant grew to gigantic proportions, about five times the size it started out at when I purchased it, but it never bloomed.  Neighbors teased me that I was growing a weed.  Over the summer it developed blossoms, but after one of our trips to Idaho where it didn't get watered enough they all dried up before blooming.  The plant was still large and green just no flowers.  I was almost going to pull the thing out and start all over but then one day I noticed more blossoms developing so I was diligent about watering it and not it has finally bloomed!  So here you have 2 pictures one where I look good and one where you can see my daisies in their full splendor but my face is weird.  Oh well.



And of course no General Conference weekend is complete without a few naps thrown in.  We had the sleeper sofa pulled out but the boys preferred this alternate location for their Sunday Siesta!

0 comments: