It's Bracken's half birthday so I thought I would take some time to document a bit about the little things that make Bracken unique.
Bracken is very 2. When we are out in public or when I am talking about my kidlets with other people they can all guess Bracken's age from the behavior they observe and from the stories I tell. He is Mr. "I do it myself". When he decides he wants something a certain way there is no convicing him otherwise. He usually has to have 2 or 3 timeouts in a row before he gives in and realizes I mean business. But when he gives in his is very quick to repent and say sorry, cute little bugger. Bracken does not like Nathan to boss him around and he knows just how to handle Nathan, all he has to do is whack him one and Nathan retreats a crying mess. Bracken is very good at sticking up for and defending himself. We've had a few descent brawls in our house lately. He shows NO signs of wanting to potty train so I haven't pushed the issue. But every now and then I ask in my prayers for him to be ready soon because I am getting tired of changing his diapers.
Bracken is smart, not much escapes his notice. He talks extremely well and can communicate anything he wants with anyone. At least once a day I try to have a little conversation with him, asking him questions, listening to his answers and prompting him to ask questions. It cracks me up to recall the things I can converse with him about, it truly is amazing. He also does really well with Spanish, and is using more Spanish ealier than Nathan did.
Bracken has a sweet tooth. Everyday without fail he asks for candy and gum. He also thinks that watching shows means eating a snack even if he just ate a meal and shouldn't need any food yet. And boy can he put away the fishies. Bracken loves him some Gold Fish Crackers.
Bracken is really good at playing. He can entertain himself with his toys all day. He schemes up the cutest things with his cars, trucks and guys. He moves them around and talks for them. I love to observe him playing. He also enjoys playing cowboy, with his boots, hat and stick horse. He'll ride all over the house and yard having adventures.
Bracken loves to be outside. He plays b-ball, rides his bike, rides his scooter, and follows Papi and Nathan around every where trying to be just as big as them.
Bracken'isms
"I'm am" for "I am"
Poopy Head
Murky Waters (he picked this one up from Papi, and he says it with a slight lisp)
At Christmas time he said "Bery Bery Christmas murky waters!"
Knock Knock Jokes (he says the whole thing) "Knock knock who's there, banana (or any random object)?" To which we reply "Banana who?" Bracken's answer every time "I don't know!"
He doesn't just say "I love you" he says "I love you to China!" (or the moon, or whatever place near or far that pops into his head)
"I need some wips." Which means he needs some chapstick for his lips.
Oatmeaup - Oatmeal
He can immediately recognize and name his favorite songs on the radio - Firework by Katy Perry, Party Rock Anthem, and Moves Like Jagger
When he is mad at someone he says "I'm bad at you!" or "I'm not my friend anymore!"
When he is mad at someone he says "I'm bad at you!" or "I'm not my friend anymore!"
He is still my snuggle bug. On the mornings that he wakes up before me, he comes into bed with me and we snuggle or "nuggle nuggle" as he says it. I love my Bracky!

0 comments:
Post a Comment