I love the newborn stage. There is no doubt it is difficult with nursing every 3 hours, waking up several times a night, and trying to function with inadequate sleep during the day while you try to take care of the older children. But even with all that, I can't get enough of my newborn.
They are so small and snuggly. I love it when Marco nuzzles into my neck. I love his irregular breathing and sweet little squeeks and grunts.
I love it when he scrunches up into a little ball because it makes him seem smaller than he really is. When he was 6 days old we had his newborn appointment with our pediatrician and he weighed in at 8lbs 3oz, this little guy is eating good and he has a bulgy, froggy belly to prove it!
It won't be long before he takes up more space on his changing table. Babies grow way too fast. So I'm going to soak in these newborn days while they last.

0 comments:
Post a Comment