This project has been a long time in coming. It was meant to be completed in November for my birthday, but November ended up being super busy with lots of car repairs so the laundry room project was pushed back. We hit is hard the first part of Christmas Break taking out the super ugly cupboards and painting it a soft gray. But our plans came to a screeching halt when I broke my leg/ankle. For weeks it sat untouched, but luckily it was usable as far as getting laundry washed and dried. A few weeks after I had my walking cast we picked it back up. Progress was slow since I was still not as capable as before and Curtis was once again in the middle of a busy semester, but little by little we have improved our laundry room and now we LOVE it. It is super functional for our needs and no longer an eye sore.
I adore my new cupboards, they fit so much stuff and look really good. And I love the shelf above the washer/dryer that allows me to access and store all the stuff I use frequently for laundry and helps keep the dryer clear of clutter.
Our "mud room" area is also a huge improvement since there was nothing here but bare wall before. We come in and out of our garage so this has already proven to be extremely handy. I'm surprised we managed at all before we had it. The cubbies store our seasonal gear and my purse finally has a home. And now there are always shoes and jackets available for the boys. Before all their jackets and shoes were kept in their closet which proved problematic when Bracken would be napping and Nathan decided he wanted to go outside. And now we have 2 active boys who will be needing things when this new little brother arrives so this space evolved at a great time.
And here is where I keep the ironing board now.
And this is where we keep keys and other little things that tend to end up in the laundry room.
My super handy shelf.
I used to want to cover up our water heater some how, but I could never think of a functional way that would still allow easy access should it ever need repaired. But now with our gray walls I hardly even notice it. There are still a few projects to be completed before this room is completely done. We have a utility sink we need to install in the space between the washer and water heater, but that project will have to wait till summer. We also want to paint the door to the garage white, and eventually replace the inside laundry room door, along with all our other inside doors, with nicer white doors, but that too will have to wait for a future date.
All in all I'm happy my birthday present is finally finished and I have a beautiful space to work my laundry magic in!

1 comments:
Cute, Courtney! I'm thinking of "pinning" your idea as our laundry room needs some love, too!:)
Post a Comment