About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

March 12, 2012

No Baby Yet

This baby is taking it's sweet time.  On Friday I had a few contractions and they continued on through Saturday.  Saturday evening during a church meeting they started to pick up coming every 8-10 minutes.  We went home and started getting a few affairs in order because I was sure we would be heading to the hospital sometime that night.  With my other 2 pregnancies, once the contractions started they didn't stop.  Around midnight I decided I should try and get as much sleep as I could since the contractions were easing up a bit which from my experience is normal for me, my contractions are not super consistent.  Sunday morning came and contractions were slowing down even more, but I thought once I got up and moving they would pick back up.  Instead they stopped all together.  So this morning I had an OB appointment and they gave me a non stress test to make sure the baby wasn't suffering being overdue.  The little dude it actually very happy and content where he is.  His heart rate was phenomenal and his movement amazing.  My contractions over the last few days have made progress, I am measuring 3 cm where at my OB last week I was still locked up tight.  I have an induction scheduled for Wednesday morning bright and early if he decides to drag his feet that long.  We shall see.  I'm hoping I go on my own just in the nick of time.  I really prefer to labor at home and being induced means you're at the hospital for the long haul.  But whatever it takes, I guess!

1 comments:

Clarissa said...

Good luck. Will be thinking of you and hope all goes well!