About Me

My photo
Our adventure started on a beautiful June day in 2004. Fast forward 12 years and now we are the proud parents of 3 active, beautiful boys. Nathan, Bracken, and Marco. We call Prescott Valley, Arizona home and are constantly reminded that there is never enough time to accomplish and experience everything we think we want. Life with a young family is precious and simplicity is our ongoing quest.

March 10, 2012

My 1st Quilt

This is the quilt I made for Baby #3, but I have to make a disclaimer, I cheated.  I can really only claim to have made a blanket as I did none of the quilting.  It all started when I cleaned out our hall closet a few weeks ago and came across some unused quilted king shams.  As I was contemplating what to do with them the idea came to me that if I unpicked them and sewed them together they would be the perfect size for a baby quilt.  And that is exactly what I did. 


I appliqued the baby life words onto the shams, added a cotton backing which I tacked down every so often so as not to interfere with the quilted circles on the shams and then reused the binding that I unpicked from the shams to finish it off. Now I have a playful, colorful baby quilt that coordinates beautifully with my new crib bedding and it didn't cost me a thing, all it took was some creativity and a bit of time.  Everytime I walk into the boys room and see this cute quilte it makes me smile.  Now I just need the little one to wrap up in it!

0 comments: